Mid Century Porcupine Quilled Birchbark Box
- Mid Century Porcupine Quilled Birchbark Box.
- This Is A Larger 1950s to 1960s Chippewa Birchbark Box With Lid
- The box has large flower on the lid with quills dyed green, yellow and red.
- Bands of quills run in lines around the exterior of the box.
- These are in the same yellow, red and green with additional natural white quills
- Sweet grass coils sewn with heavy button thread edge the top rim.
- It also threads the bottom base, and outer rim of the lid of the box.
- The box is in good shape with no cracking, sometimes caused by temperature change and age to the bark.
- It measures 6 3/4″ on the lid and is 2 3/4″ tall.
- Porcupine quillwork.
- Native American Baskets