1940s – 1950s Navajo Yei Bei Che Dancer
- This is a wonderful, soft knitted 1940s – 1950s Navajo Yei Bei Che dancer.
- It was made by a patient at the old Flagstaff Indian hospital.
- The cleverly crocheted doll is lovely in all its loving details.
- It has crocheted “deer hide boots with conchos”.
- It also has a yellow and brown kilt, and yarn evergreen branches in its hands and neck rough.
- A crown of red yarn makes up the hair.
- The eyes are yarn and the mouth is beaded.
- A beaded jaclaa necklace adorns the neck and he wears a woven cloth sash.
- He stands 9 3/4″ tall and is 4″ wide
- Native American Dolls and Kachinas