1930s Navajo Woman Doll & Child Doll
- 1930s Navajo Woman Doll & Child Doll
- This mother and child were made of matching materials by the same doll maker and are extremely well made.
- They have hair made of single pieces of heavy black thread tied into the Navajo chong hairstyle.
- Face features are penned on.
- Velveteen blouses top cotton skirts with layers trimmed in contrasting colors on the two dolls.
- Wrapped muslin leggings with tiny bead conchos top red moccasins made of cloth.
- One of their best features are the fingers carefully stitched into the hands.
- Concho belts and blouse pin jewelry are made of tin and glass beads.
- Each wears a beaded jackal necklace and bead earrings.
- The mother doll stands 11 1/4″ high.
- The little girl is 5″ tall.
- Native American Dolls and Kachinas