1920s Shoshone Doll
- This is an interesting 1920s Shoshone doll.
- It was purchased from a Shoshone family and believed to have been made in the 1920s.
- I have not seen another doll like this.
- It has a heavy frame of metal with feet that appear to be made of lead covered with buckskin.
- The face and hands are composition.
- The wig is yarn.
- The war shirt and leather pants are very soft deride.
- There is a small amount of painting on the shirt collar fringe, legging fringe and moccasins.
- A great wooden gunstock club with tin blade is tied with sinew to the man’s hand
- He stands 9″ tall and is about 3 1/2″ wide
- Native American Dolls and Kachinas