1940s – 1950s Navajo Horse Doll
- 1940s – 1950s Navajo Horse Doll
- This is from my own collection. I have treasured this Navajo doll for many years.
- The was made between the 1940s and 1950s at the Flagstaff Indian Hospital in Arizona.
- It is cloth stuffed and cleverly crocheted with and white yarn.
- It has a blue yarn mane and tail.
- Eye, nose and mouth are thread stitched and the ears are leather.
- I have been told that these dolls were made by Navajo patients who took apart socks to obtain the yarn.
- The doll is 8 1/4″ tall x 9″ long x 2″ wide.
- Native American Dolls and Kachinas