Early 1900s Eskimo Doll, Seal Gut Skirt
- This Is An Early 1900s Eskimo Doll, Seal Gut Skirt
- Cloth bodied doll with hair of beaver fur.
- Facial features are thread stitched.
- Old glass beads make up her single remaining earring and necklace.
- The blouse is white flannel.
- The waist and bead encrusted hem of her seal gut skirt are old wine colored velvet.
- She has a pillow-like body with no feet inside the skirt made of what looks like old mattress ticking.
- A very old collection tag is marked “Alaskan Indian, Dobbins”
- She stands 9 1/4″ tall x 4 1/2″ wide.
- Native American Dolls and Kachinas