This is a beautiful and old collectible Thunderbird pin.
- 1960s Zuni Frank Vacit Inlaid Bird Pin
- Frank Vacit’s beautifully laid out design elements flow easily.
- The inlay is coral, jet or onyx and mother of pearl.
- The hand cut sterling base is stamped above the wing’s.
- Large liquid silver drops accentuate the feathers
- It has a simple pin backing.
- There is no signature, as is expected of a piece this age. However, museum pieces of this style are attributed to him.
- The pin is 3″ long x 2 1/2″ wide.
- The Zunis are known for doing the most intricate stone work fitting pieces into the tiniest bezels.
- It has a good patina.