Navajo Graduated Turquoise Slab Necklace. A Splendid LONG Navajo Necklace Of Turquoise Slabs And Heirloom Navajo Handmade Sterling Beads.
- Navajo Graduated Turquoise Slab Necklace
- The slabs all appear to be hand-ground, they are of varying thicknesses and sizes, not perfectly round.
- The turquoise appears to be from several different mines and variegates in color from sky blue to blue-green.
- Some of the matrix is black and some is brown and if looked at very carefully, one can find a small amount of quartz in one or two of the beads.
- The Navajo silver beads are all of the same size with the exception of two larger hollow silver beads at the top.
- The piece has been restrung on jewelers wire with a sterling silver clasp as it is a heavy necklace.
- The slabs range in size from 1 5/8″ to 5/8″ in diameter.
- The necklace hangs 16″ long or 32″ straight out.
- Native American Jewelry