1960s Sterling, Turquoise Pendant, Turquoise, Navajo Sterling Beads Necklace
- 1960s Sterling, Turquoise Pendant, Turquoise, Navajo Sterling Beads Necklace
- A dark blue turquoise stone believed to be Blue Gem turquoise highlights the pendant.
- The matrix is black and white quartz.
- It is set in a hand cut scalloped bezel.
- This is surrounded by twisted silver wire.
- The piece is bordered with deeply chiseled sterling wire around the bottom half.
- The top half is framed in two hand cut stamped silver leaves.
- A top hook extends directly above a stamped liquid silver drop.
- There is no maker mark on the pendant as to be expected of a piece this old.
- The necklace has been restrung on jeweler’s wire with an old collection of Navajo handmade beads.
- Kingman turquoise nuggets, tumbled to shine but left in their original shapes make up the necklace strand.
- The pendant measures 1 7/8″ long.
- The bead strand hangs 9″ long.
- Hanging together, it measures 10 7/8″ long.