Long Navajo Turquoise Necklace, Earrings Set
- Long Navajo Turquoise Necklace, Earrings Set
- This extremely long necklace highlights very beautiful gemstones of Dry Creek Turquoise.
- All of the stone pieces show a bit of matrix.
- The matrix is red and gold in color with a dappling of white quartz.
- There is a bit of variegation in the blues that are very much a sky color.
- The pieces are set in sterling silver that has been skillfully hand cut with a jeweler’s saw.
- The borders are overlaid with stamped liquid silver drops and three flowing design elements.
- The large stone on the bottom pendant is a whopping 2″ by 1 5/8″ tear drop shaped stone.
- The bottom pendant measures 2 3/4″ long by 2 1/2″ wide.
- The four side element have that unusual trick fine Navajo silversmith’s are good at.
- The stones are not exactly the same measurements. They are able to juxtapose them through the necklace, obtaining perfect balance.
- All of the necklace elements are strung together with soldered loops and handmade sterling links.
- The chain is entirely handmade.
- The earrings are smaller images of the side elements of the necklace.
- They are attached with the same loops as appear on the necklace to tops containing posts.
- The necklace and earrings are stamped “ROBERT SHAKEY” and “Sterling.
- The earrings measure 1 3/4″ in length by 1 1/4″ wide.
- The necklace hangs 17″ long.