1960s Zuni Sterling Buckle, Beautiful Turquoise Mountain Stone
- 1960s Zuni Sterling Buckle, Beautiful Turquoise Mountain Stone
- This beautiful Zuni belt buckle is all about the water web Turquoise Mountain 2″ stone.
- A rectangular piece of sterling silver has been stamped with circles like a tiny nail set.
- It is overlaid into flowing curled shapes with 1/8″ flat silver wire.
- Slightly concave, the buckle is neatly edged with triangular caronated wire.
- Sterling silver drops with a single stamp adorn the top and bottom of the buckle.
- A twisted silver wire outlines the straight bezel enclosing the stone.
- The back is stamped G K and has a simple older style fixed bar and hook.
- It is likely that this is the work of an older silversmith favoring the older backing and caronated wire.
- The stone has an old crack towards one edge that has been stabilized.
- The buckle measures 3 1/2″ x 2 3/4″.