1960s Navajo Sterling Bolo Tie, Bisbee Turquoise
- 1960s Navajo Sterling Bolo Tie, Bisbee Turquoise
- Lovely nuggets of much sought after Bisbee turquoise are the highlight of this bolo tie.
- The Bisbee mine has been closed for years.
- A concave, triangular base of sterling silver has been textured and bordered on both sides with heavy 1/4″ triangular, caronated sterling wire.
- At the center of the bolo are two shadow boxed areas that have been left untextured.
- The gem stones, set in saw tooth bezels, are surrounded by a frame of hand cut, stamped sterling leaves.
- These are separated by three round liquid silver drops.
- The bolo has the patented Bennett clasp.
- The cord is leather, with soft patina and is very usable.
- Simple stamped sterling 2″ bolo tips cap the ends.
- The bolo is 2 7/8″ long x 2 1/8″ wide at the top.
- It hangs 19″ long.