This Is A Shorter But Heavy 1940s Navajo Squash Blossom Necklace, Oval Naja.
- 1940s Navajo Squash Blossom Necklace, Oval Naja
- This has an effectively different design on the naja element.
- It features three applied settings with Royston Turquoise.
- he unusual naja is made of 5 pieces of carefully shaped heavy sterling wire banded together with the use of liquid silver drops.
- There is no back plate on this naja that allows one to view between each of the wires
- The stones are set a straight bezel surrounded by twisted silver wire and crescents of sterling wire scalloping each edge
- The large turquoise on the top is additionally decorated with 5 liquid silver drops beautifully tying the entire naja element together
- The squash blossom remains sturdily on its original fox wire with a simple sterling hook
- The handmade sterling bench beads are well worn and have a beautiful patina
- The blossoms have a rectangular plate with a single stamp used in its decoration
- The naja measures 3 1/4″ long x 2 1/2″ at its widest point
- The blossoms are 1 1/2″ long
- The necklace hangs 14 1/4″ long
- As can be expected with a piece of this age, there is no maker mark on the back