1940s Zuni Squash Blossom Necklace
- 1940s Zuni Squash Blossom Necklace
- This is an older Zuni squash blossom necklace dating to the 1940s so of course it is unsigned.
- It displays the earliest of shadow boxing techniques.
- A sterling silver base is hand cut with a jeweler’s saw.
- It is overlaid with curved pieces of pounded silver wire in flowing leaf shaped patters.
- Fine hand cut saw tooth silver bezels enclose tiny rounds and ovals of old Kingman turquoise gems.
- The turquoise is variegated in different shades of blue.
- A profusion of flattened liquid silver drops decorate the outline of both the naja and the squash blossoms.
- Small sterling hand made Navajo silver beads form the necklace of this squash blossom.
- It is strung on a chain.
- The piece has a good, dark patina and the beads show moderate wear.
- The naja measures 2 1/2″ long x 2 5/8″ wide.
- The blossoms measure 3/4″ x 3/4″.
- The squash hangs 15″ long.