Navajo Velvet Blouse, 3 Navajo German Silver Pins
- Navajo Velvet Blouse, 3 Navajo German Silver Pins
- A Classic 1940s – 1950s Silk Velvet Navajo Blouse Traditionally Worn By Both Men And Women.
- Though it is machine sewn, it is handmade by an experienced seamstress with nice slits in both the side and arm cuffs.
- These are the original pins that were on the blouse when purchased.
- Theay are circa 1940s to 1960s and are handmade Navajo cluster pins made with German silver (not sterling).
- The top and bottom pins are made of reconstituted turquoise.
- The large oval pin centered is Sleeping Beauty turquoise with iron pyrite in a very small amount of brown matrix.
- It’s the oldest pin. All of the stones are set in scalloped, handmade bezels, separated with liquid silver drops.
- One of the stones is cracked but has been stabilized.
- The top pin measures 4 1/2″ across x 3″ wide.
- The older center pin measures 3″ across x 2 3/4″ wide.
- The small star measures 1 1/2″ across.
- The blouse, which has been perfectly cleaned, is 26″ long from the shoulder to bottom.
- Sleeves from the shoulder seam measure 21″ long.
- Both front and back beneath the armpits measure 19″ across it.