1840s Milagro Pendant Necklace
- 1840s Milagro Pendant Necklace
- A Very Heavy, Early 4 3/4″ Long Milagro Pendant Showing A Woman On Her Knees Praying With A Rosary Attached To Her Belt
- It appears she is also wearing a nuns headdress
- A wonderful example of a good silversmith’s work using the simplest of tools
- She is well executed and serene
- The heavy piece of sterling silver is repoussed into its 3-dimensional shape
- Heavy hammer marks are visible on the backside
- The well executed figure is delineated using the complicated chisel work and nail set marks
- The original strand of heirloom hollow sterling silver beads in graduated sizes has been elongated.
- This is with small natural turquoise round beads.
- It separates the upper half of the silver beads on the necklace to give a very long strand
- The strand has been restrung on heavy jeweler’s wire for stability
- The bead strand hangs 14″ long
- With the pendant it hangs 18 3/4″ long
- Native American Jewelry