Short Venetian & Hebron Trade Bead Necklace
- Short Venetian & Hebron Trade Bead Necklace
- This Necklace Features Some Of The Oldest Glass Beads Known To Man.
- They Are Known As Blue Hebron Glass Made From Glass Of The Dead Sea, Circa 650 AD
- The Venetian beads date from 1740s – 1850s
- These include large white Dogans and tubular Hudson Bay beads with yellow centers.
- Also, there are black thousand eye beads (some with colored eyes) and Venetian fancies with checker boards and circles
- These beads are strung on braintanned buckskin leather tied to a sterling silver finding so the piece can be hooked behind the neck
- The largest beads are 3/4″ in diameter and the necklace is 10 3/4″ long
- Tribal Jewelry