1930s San Ildefonso Pueblo Blackware Olla
- This Is A Classic 1930s San Ildefonso Pueblo Blackware Olla.
- Classic older olla of the type developed by Maria.
- It is unsigned.
- The condition of the piece is great.
- It has the Avanyu (plumed serpent), rain clouds and feathers.
- It measures 10 3/4″ tall x 8″ diameter.
- This Pueblo is probably the best known of all New Mexico pueblo villages.
- This is because of the highly skilled male painters, both of pottery and easel art.
- Of course, Maria Martinez made the beautiful black ware pottery very famous in the early and middle 19oos.
- Native American Pueblo Pottery