Old Maricopa Effigy Pot
- Old Maricopa Effigy Pot
- 3 Spouted handled canteen with face adorned with early trade beads.
- This pot has nice fire clouds attesting to it being pit-fired rather than sun-dried.
- This is how some of the later Maricopa tourist pots were made.
- Earrings and a necklace are made of 1740s – 1880s Venetian glass trade beads in white and Bodmer blue.
- Pot shows signs of under firing with painted design.
- Painted design represents body paint and elaborate tattooing of these Gila River Indians from Arizona.
- Handle has a firing crack, otherwise condition is very good.
- 6 1/2″ in diameter x 9 1/8″ tall.
- Spouts are clean, does not appear to have been used but shows placement wear on the bottom.
- Has nice crackling to exterior of a lot of the pot.
- Native American Pottery