Taos Pueblo Virginia Romero Pot
- Taos Pueblo Virginia Romero Pot
- Micaceous Clay Traditionally Used Only By Northern New Mexico Pueblos Of Taos And Picaris.
- This is such a beautifully shaped jar with an overlaid design of a very simple scalloped coil.
- This is between the neck and the shoulder of the pot.
- Pot has a lovely polished exterior with a beautiful fire cloud from the pit firing.
- Slightly inverted bottom reads Virginia Romero, Taos Pueblo, NM.
- 10 3/4″ tall x 8″ in diameter.
- Ms. Romero began her career as a potter in 1919.
- In September 1994 the Millicent Rogers Museum honored Virginia and her long career as a potter.
- Native American Pueblo Pottery