St. John’s Black, Red Bowl
- St. John’s Black, Red Bowl
- Circa 1150 A.D. – 1350 A.D.
- Prehistoric Anasazi pot of the St. John’s black on red type
- A beautiful geometric design fills the interior in a very precise, complicated maze pattern
- Parts of the maze are drawn with fine lines
- All of the paint is mineral based black
- The very large bowl is 12 1/2″ wide x 4 3/4″ high
- Condition is broken and re-glued with a very small amount, about 3%, restoration
- Paperwork ascertaining legal collection accompanies the sale of the pot
- The Anasazi culture thrived in the Southwest from about 200 BC to 1400 AD.
- Native American Pottery