Papago Four Directions Vase
- This is a Papago Four Directions Vase
- Papago Pottery Is Scarce.
- This pot was made by Juanita Jones and is accompanied by a old card stating it was purchased in November of 1971.
- The card states: Pottery is by Juanita Jones, mother and grandmother of pottery makers.
- Her work has been shown (and sold) at Papago Tribal fair, Pima County Fair, and Arizona State Fair.
- The red is clay from near her home (south-southwest of reservation); the black is the sap of the mesquite tree.
- These pots are baked in holes in the ground;they will not hold water.
- It measures 5 5/8″ wide x 8 5/8″ tall.
- There are no cracks or chips and is in perfect condition.
- Native American Pueblo Pottery