Quilled Turtle Bag
- This Is A Quilled Turtle Bag
- Braintanned buckskin bag
- Porcupine quillwork depicting two turtles and is framed by lazy stitch glass beadwork
- The edge of bag is quilled rawhide slats below are braintanned fringe.
- They are decorated with traditional tin-coned dangles with nice red horsehair tassles.
- White porcupine quilled dangles with matching horsehair/tin-coned tassles adorn each side of the bag.
- The strap is made from old (1930s – 1940) hand tooled leather belts.
- These show great patina.
- The back of bag is simple and plain.
- It is 13 inches long including fringe x 7 3/4 inches wide.
- Bandolier style strap is 56 inches long
- Native American Quill Work