Late 1800s Inupiaq Mukluks
- Late 1800s Inupiaq Mukluks
- Very Old Knee High Mukluk Boots Of Caribou Hide.
- Dried seal skin soles have the chewed, crimped fronts that were used in the olden days and the art pretty much has been lost.
- The heels are also crimped on this pair for 3 1/2″.
- The boots are unlined hide but have tops of very fine woven wool and old wool ties that we believe is Germantown wool.
- A rawhide strap passes across the ankle part of the boot and ties.
- These boots are shedding a bit but the condition is very stable, actually quite wonderful for the age.
- Boots are 16″ high with the soles being 11″ long.
- Traditional Native American Items