Athabaskan Caribou Hide Bag Circa 1900. This Interesting Old Bag Is From Canada’s Yukon
- Athabaskan Caribou Hide Bag Circa 1900
- The body is caribou hide with an ornate 2 1/2″ top.
- This is made of yellow, red and green felt and sheered caribou hide patchwork.
- The very top rim through which a brain tanned leather draw string runs is a heavy canvas
- A 3″ fringe hangs on braintanned buckskin thongs at the bottom.
- These contain five beads each. powder blue opaque faceted Russian Cobalt trade beads and small white Venetian glass beads.
- These beads date to the 1800s
- The bag, with the fringe, measures 9 1/4″ long and 4 1/2″ wide
- The hair on the body of the bag is not coming out.
- However, there are three balled small spots that can be viewed on the accompanying photos