This Is An 1890s – 1900 Santee Sioux Old Catlinite Tomahawk Pipe Set.
- Old Catlinite Tomahawk Pipe
- It Is Made Of A Wonderful Catlinite Head.
- This Is In The Shape Of A Tomahawk That Is Heavily Engraved With Flower Motifs.
- It has an older well worn pipe stem.
- It has a green serpent carved and painted winding around the stem.
- The stem is painted with natural ocher green pigment.
- This has three red circular carved indentions painted with red ocher.
- There is a carved-in area on the stem.
- This is a third of the way down from the mouth piece on which is hung a red wool drop.
- The lovely pipe bowl has a lot of patina and appears to be from the late 1800s.
- There is a small 1/8″ chip to one corner of the blade, but the original piece has been glued back on.
- This can be observed on the close-up pics by clicking onto the title.
- The tomahawk head is 6 1/4″ long x 3 3/8″ wide x 3/4″ thick.
- The stem inserted into the pipe bowl is 17 1/2″ long.
- When put together, the two pieces equal 23 3/4″ in length.
- Both stem and pipe bowl have a heavy patina.
- Traditional Native American Items