Navajo Boy’s Rug Vest
- Navajo Boy’s Rug Vest
- Interesting Navajo textile
- This boy’s vest is actually woven in one piece.
- It is not cut and pieced together as can be seen in the additional photos.
- All natural hand-spun wool with crocheted buttons of same material.
- Dazzler pattern in stark brown, black and white.
- Perfect condition.
- 17 1/2″ long x 16 1/2″ wide.
- Age is hard to determine but this is not a contemporary piece.
- Navajo textiles were and are used for blankets, sashes, rugs and saddle blankets among other things.
- The wool is usually obtained by the Navajo Churro sheep that they raise themselves.
- Native American Textiles