1940s Large JB Moore Navajo Crystal Rug
- 1940s Large JB Moore Navajo Crystal Rug
- This Wonderful Handspun Native Wool Rug Has It All
- It has wonderful spirit lines on two sides of the edge, lots of lazy lines and three colors of natural wool.
- These are mixed with the beloved red analine dye that has worn down into varying shades.
- This rug has been well cared for.
- There is very little bleeding except at the long hand spun beige tassels.
- There is minor bleeding in one spot to the beige background.
- The rug is very symmetrical and clean.
- One side has slight fading though both sides are quite good.
- There are no holes but there are a few native warp repairs.
- Part of the long side cord has been repaired in the past as can be seen in accompanying images
- The design shows trader J.B. Moore’s influence from Crystal Trading Post.
- This is in New Mexico’s Chuska Mountains on designs with Navajo weavers.
- The rug is 6’3″ x 4’2″