Twill Weave Sunday Saddle Blanket
- Twill Weave Sunday Saddle Blanket
- This Is A Very Detailed Weaving Done In The Navajo Twill Style Giving Reverse Colors On Each Side.
- The back side of the blanket will have tassels only.
- The front end of the blanket has the continuous fringes.
- It has long stacked tassels that makes it a sunday saddle blanket.
- The rug itself is all Native handspun wool.
- The front saddle fringe and tassels are all commercial wool yarn.
- These blankets are heavy and made for their own use.
- While this blanket is clean, there is a 1 1/2″ square worn spot that has been reinforced with machine stitching.
- It is towards the center of the blanket.
- The textile itself without the tassels measures 2′ 7″ long x 2′ 11″ wide.
- With the tassels, the piece measures 3′ 4″ long.
- Native American Textiles