1920s Navajo Double Twill Saddle Blanket
- 1920s Navajo Double Twill Saddle Blanket
- This is a heavy twill woven saddle blanket in natural browns and white sheep wool
- This is a single saddle blanket.
- These were made for their own use rather than for sale to the trading posts
- The side hanging towards the horse’s head has a side cord with both tassels and the twisted yarn fringe.
- In one back corner, the side cable is in disarray for about 2″.
- Otherwise the saddle blanket is still in good shape
- There are no holes or stains
- This is a rougher, heavier weave reserved for horse blankets.
- This is not to be confused with the finer tapestry weaves
- It measures 2′ 3″ x 2′ 8″
- Native American Textiles