Navajo Red, Black, Grey Rug
- Navajo Red, Black, Grey Rug
- This is an intricate and small Navajo Gallup throw.
- The little sampler rug shows a lot of skill as the geometric designs are complicated.
- In fact, some of the banding is done in a herring bone weave.
- The rug is done in colors of natural white, natural grey, black and maroon.
- It is symmetrical and has all cords and tassels in place.
- Also, there are no holes on this piece
- The rug measures 2′ 3″ x 1′ 4 1/2″
- Navajo textiles were and are used for blankets, sashes, rugs and saddle blankets among other things.
- Native American Textiles