1930s Mexican Indian Wool Blanket
- 1930s Mexican Indian Wool Blanket
- Very tightly loomed all wool blanket with a very subtle center diamond of flower elements.
- The petals are variegated in two shades of green.
- The same design element acts as the traditional banding across the blanket.
- This is an extremely unusual piece which excludes the use of straight line designs.
- The blanket is finished on both ends with a twisted cotton fringe.
- The piece has six tiny pinhole sized worn spots.
- The red dye has bled onto the white background in several places (please see images for condition).
- One side is a bit darker in color than the other, this piece has not been cleaned since we acquired it.
- Dimensions on this saltillo are 6’2″ long with fringe x 30″ wide.
- Tribal Textiles