Navajo Velvet Blouse, Three Navajo German Silver Pins
- Navajo Velvet Blouse, Three Navajo German Silver Pins
- A Classic 1940s – 1950s Silk Velvet Navajo Blouse Traditionally Worn By Both Men And Women
- Though it is machine sewn, it is handmade by an experienced seamstress.Nnice slits in both the side and arm cuffs
- The original pins that were on the blouse when purchased are circa 1940s to 1960s.
- They are handmade Navajo cluster pins made with German silver (not sterling)
- The top and bottom pins are made of reconstituted turquoise.
- The large oval pin in the center is Sleeping Beauty turquoise.
- It is with iron pyrite in a very small amount of brown in the matrix.
- Oldest pin and all of the stones are set in scalloped, handmade bezels.
- Separated with liquid silver drops.
- One of the stones is cracked but has been stabilized.
- Top pin measures 4 1/2″ across x 3″ wide.
- The older center pin measures 3″ across x 2 3/4″ wide.
- Small star measures 1 1/2″ across.
- The blouse, which has been perfectly cleaned, is 26″ long from the shoulder to bottom.
- Sleeves from the shoulder seam measure 21″ long.
- Both front and back beneath the armpits measure 19″ across.