Original Navajo Water Color
- This Is An Original Navajo Water Color
- The Water Color Is On Matte Board Original By Famed Navajo Artist, Andy Tsinajinie
- Andy Tsinajinnie was born in Rough Rock Arizona in 1918.
- He studied the classic flat style painting under Dorothy Dunn at the Santa Fe Indian School.
- Andy’s paintings were known for their bold colors.
- A favorite subject was the Navajo ceremonials and Navajo mythology.
- This also portrays the whimsical side of Navajo reservation life.
- After serving in the Army in World War 11, he opened a studio in Scottsdale.
- Among numerous other awards, Andy was named an Arizona Living Treasure in 1991.
- However, his death November 7, 2000 was the end of an era.
- The image size is 8 inches by 10 inches.
- The frame size is 17 1/2 inches by 19 1/2 inches.