This Is An Old Kiowa Buffalo Hide Tipi Bag, Beaded Rosette. It Is Constructed Of Wide Fringe And A Carrying/Tie Strap Of Nicely Tanned Buckskin Left White And Is Not Smoked
- Buffalo Hide Tipi Bag, Beaded Rosette
- A willow stick is threaded through the top back edge of the back to keep its form and folding in half
- A 2″ beaded rosette with edge stitching decorates the center of the flap of the bag
- These bags were not traditionally used as purses.
- They were hung on the liner rope inside the tipi with a variety of personal gear stashed inside it.
- The piece is still supple and could be worn as a purse without damaging it
- The bag itself is 15 1/2″ wide x 8″ tall
- With handle and fringe, it measures 3′ 7″ long
- The fur is in good condition and is not shedding
- Native American Beadwork
- Western Collectibles